Friday, October 19, 2007

imagination and growing

my baby is growing up,
and i'm not liking it one bit.
he is finally starting to actually play with his toys.
the imagination is an amazing thing, isnt it?

the problem i dont like is..
that this is what i woke up to this morning.

yes, thats what i said...
this is what i WOKE UP TO.
i got awake and thought...
its 8am. jack isnt up yet??
then i find him playing in the living room.

when i asked him about it.
he looked at me like i was insane.
mommy, i was TRYING to be so quiet so you could sleep.
you dont ALWAYS have to get up with me, you know.

ummmmm yea ok.
your FOUR! not 10.
so of course i was immediately thinking of strangers, robbers, murderers.
and wondering if jack would think he was also old enough to play outside by himself.
so i started to panic, and had a talk with him.

after that, everything was fine...
but then what made me even more sad, and depressed all over again,
was that my 4 year old felt like he didnt need me anymore.






Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nope... not a baby anymore!!! he looks so grown up in these pics!