Wednesday, July 11, 2007

jack


"On the day that you were born
The angels got together
And decided to create a dream come true
So they sprinkled moon dust in your hair of gold
And starlight in your eyes of blue."


i love the carpenters. what i love even more, is that 4 years later, you like me to sing this song to you at night before you fall asleep.
i love the special moments that we share together. tonight you were so curious, asking what songs i loved when i was a little girl and who sang them to me. you are finally starting to like the songs that are on the CD that i made for you when you were born. you have no idea how happy that makes me. mostly because as i was carefully picking out the songs to put on it, i was hoping that you would love it "one day", just as much as i do. i didnt think "one day" would come so soon. i love music and i love that you are following in my footsteps in that way. music is life... music is carefree... and music is safety. one of my all time favorite memories, and probably one of my earliest memories, is listening to my pop-pop singing to me every single day. i felt so loved... so safe, sitting in the kitchen, wrapped in his big, strong arms in "his chair" at the kitchen table. i want you to feel that safety too.

i am loving this life that i have with you, little guy. you are so fun, full of energy and too darn smart for your own good. as i was tucking you in bed tonight, you asked if i could lay with you for a bit. why does my heart warm so much to hear those few words? i guess because i know that you wont always need me, and although that might be a good thing, i can't bear to think of what life will be like when you do decide you dont need me anymore. you are growing so fast and learning so many new things as the days go on. i love that you listen so intently to people when they are talking. being a good listener is so important. i could sit and listen to you talk for hours. you are so interesting to me. such a sweet boy with a caring soul. i love that .. and everything else about you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks, now i am sitting at the computer at 1 in the morning at work crying....people are looking at me

Anonymous said...

i love that I just got to read that - I love that you shared it with me - your the greatest mom in the world, i love that song too, and you and your sweet boy!

~Kara~ said...

OMG how sweet! You have sucha way with words!

Amy said...

I agree with Kara, you are so good at putting how you feel down on paper, I really wish I could do that... and Jack looks so old in that picture!

Anonymous said...

you kill me with this stuff!! I am crying once again Michelle!! He looks like a little man in this pic, so hansome!

Anonymous said...

OMG michelle i am crying over here that is so sweet you have such a way with words i love it!